Friday, September 25, 2009

Mom and Teacher

So its the end of week 5 of our first year of homeschooling. I felt like we were heading in the right direction this week even though there were curveballs thrown at us with non-school stuff. The kids seem to really be learning and they are enjoying learning at home with me. My son seems a bit more thoughtful than before and my daughter is starting to grasp concepts that just didn't click for her before. They are both excited to learn about new things and we started our day out with walking and some fun art with the charcoal we just got.

Well so much for our blissful school day I though t would happen. Its only noon now and today has proved that its still hard and we are still trying to figure out attitudes, schedules and expectations etc....the kids are bothin their room awaiting me to come speak to them about the choices they have made and the consequences of making them. My biggest frustration in homeschooling so far has been my role as both mom AND teacher and figuring out how to blend them together. I'm having a difficult time figuring out how too discipline the kids and still getting the work done that needs to get done . They are testing the waters for sure with bad attitudes, complaining, and questioning everything I ask of them. What do you do when your kids complain about having to the work, what do you do when they whine and get mad and stomp away when I've said that they need to take some time out and go sit in their room until they can come back and be ready and willing to learn and do their schoolwork.. I really don't want to spank them for school related items but at the same time they are truly being disobedient and disrespectful. I've taken things away, I've offered incentives, I'm at a loss today.....so I will give it to God

So here I go , off to each their rooms to talk it out now that I've calmed down and also they have had a time to reflect....BUT first I need to pray for God's wisdom and love right now.....

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, we all have days like these. Remember that God has called you to do this and He WILL show you how to balance your new life, and give you the tools you need. You are such an honest sweet soul.

    ReplyDelete